Sunday, 27 May 2012

New Possibilities – Handmade Envelopes!

Hello! Have you got your hands on the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool yet? I absolutely love mine, and my current passion, since my Diagonal Scoring Plate arrived, is making my own envelopes. Now, I’ve made envelopes before, but they’ve always been a bit of a hassle, all that measuring and checking and re-checking, only to find out half the time that I’ve messed up the sizing (I told you maths wasn’t my thing!). Either that, or my scorelines weren’t right, so the envelope wasn’t symmetrical. No more, all I need to do is cut my paper to size and the Simply Scored takes care of the rest – I love it! Here are just a few of the envelopes I’ve been making.


If you haven’t seen the Diagonal Scoring Plate, then here’s a close-up.


There are grooves across a full 12” x 12” area, at ⅛” intervals, so you can make pretty much any size of envelope you want. The idea is that you can score two of the sides of your envelope at the same time, turn the paper by ninety degrees and then score the other two sides. And that’s the hard work done! Perfectly parallel scorelines, so your envelopes fold up perfectly and look professional every time.

There’s even an easy way of snipping out the little triangles where the scorelines intersect: just slip your paper into your 1¼” Square Punch and, using just the corner of the square, punch out the waste section. Easy!


Our Designer Series Paper is the perfect weight for making your own envelopes, and of course it means you’ll get really pretty insides to your envelopes too:


And, if your paper is highly patterned, or just to add that extra touch of luxury, you can add a beautiful address label too. Here I’ve just the Framelits dies on the larger envelopes and the Word Window and Modern Label punches on the tiny one. Just imagine the impact your cards will have when you present them this way!


I haven’t posted the results of my monthly Subscribers’ prize draw for a while, so pop back tomorrow and I’ll rectify that. If you subscribe to my newsletter, you could have won yourself a free stamp set! See you then…

 

No comments: