Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Triple Treat Thank You

Hello! Stampin’ Up! is known for its beautifully co-ordinated sets of stamps, but did you know that you can also get an increasing range of single stamps from your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? Here’s a card made using one of them, the beautiful “Triple Treat Flower”.


This is one of the “thank you” cards that I’m sending out at the moment, to all the lovely people who order through me. Simple but, I hope, pretty and effective. When I designed this I’d been watching the Jubilee fireworks and the little ribbon tag trailing behind the stamped image put me in mind of shooting stars. Somehow it feels really uplifting (or is that just my imagination?)

The colours are all from the In Colour ranges: Peach Parfait for the card base, Island Indigo for the Designer Series Paper layer, the ribbon and the five-petalled part of the flower, along with Lucky Limeade for the outside part of the flower. I love this colourway - I discovered it when I was tidying up (!) after I’d been prepping for this month’s classes. I had a some scraps of Peach Parfait and Lucky Limeade card lying on my desk, and I picked up a piece of Island Indigo ribbon that had been knocked onto the floor. “Ooh, that looks nice!” I thought, and that was the end of my tidying session!

Did you notice one clever thing about this flower? It co-ordinates with THREE of our punches, making it really easy to achieve this beautiful, layered effect. The Fancy Flower punch, the Five-Petal Flower punch and the ½” Circle punch mean that you don’t have to worry about doing any tricky cutting, you just stamp, punch and stick. Great for when you’re in a hurry.

And on that note, I’ve reminded myself that I was part way through tidying my craft room, so I’d better go and get started again. Thanks for dropping by, see you again soon!

 

No comments: