Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Simply Scored - July "Cards ...and More!" Projects

Hello!

I don't know about you, but I always love getting together with friends to share in something we all enjoy. It's one of the best things about my job as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator: having the opportunity to indulge my love of crafting with other, like-minded individuals. That's why I enjoy running classes so much - as the daughter of two teachers I swore I'd never teach, but my classes feel more like sharing what I love, rather than actually teaching. The learning comes hand in hand with what is, I hope, a really enjoyable couple of hours.

I'm a bit later sharing my class projects than I normally would be, but I still want to show you what we got up to this month. We're focussing on the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool at the moment, and for one of the projects I shared how to make this beautiful stepper box:

 
 

Here's another example, this time using the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper. Everyone had the chance to choose their own paper and co-ordinating cardstock for this class, so everyone who attended went away with something that was unique to them. (I didn't cover the inside of this box, so everyone could see how much of a difference it made, leaving it blank.)


As well as the box, we made a matching card, here shown in the Twitterpated DSP again.

 

These fancy folds are so easy to do with the Simply Scored, no more worrying about getting your scorelines parallel or in exactly the right place. It makes life so simple and has rapidly become one of the must-have pieces of equipment on my craft desk.

The embellishment is stamped from the Apothecary Art set, and coloured on using my beloved inkpad-and-blending-pen technique. So simple, yet very effective!

We added a Framelits-cut mat on the back of the card, too, to give a handy place to write a message to the recipient.


If you've always wanted to try your hand at papercrafting but never really known where to start, and you're able to get to the outskirts of Ipswich, why not come and join in my "Cards ...and More!" classes? You'd be very welcome, whatever your level of experience.

Do you know anyone who might be interested in joining in? Well, if when you come along, you bring someone who's never come to one of my classes or parties before, then I'll give you a £5 voucher as a thank-you gift, redeemable against any Stampin' Up! products ordered from me!

Starting in August, I'll be running a series of monthly classes aimed at helping you get ready for Christmas. Yes, I know it's early yet, but how many times have you said you'll be more organised with making your Christmas cards, and how many times have you ended up having to buy some because you haven't been quite as organised as you'd meant to be? Be honest, now! Watch this space for more details coming soon....

Thanks for dropping by, and I'll be back again shortly. Enjoy your day!

No comments: