Wednesday, 18 July 2012

WOYWW For The First Time..

Hello!
 
Something a little different today: I've often seen posts on some of my favourite blogs labelled "WOYWW" and they always intrigue me. "What does "WOYWW" stand for?" I imagine you asking (or, at least, that's what I wondered the first time I saw it). Well, it stands for "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday" - and it's given me a fascinating insight into what many other crafters get up to, so I thought I'd try joining in. Here's what's on my workdesk today:
 
 
The picture frame and buttons are for a project I'm working on at the moment, inspired by a lovely lady I met at a craft fair at the weekend; if you pop back in a day or two you'll see the end result, hopefully. I'd just finished painting the frame when I took this, and you can see my foam "paintbrush" sitting just behind the frame, wrapped in a plastic bag to keep it damp so I can do the next coat without having to wash out the brush. The papers are, of course, from the beautiful Everyday Enchantment pack. I've been making some quick and pretty cards with them, and really ought to have put them away before getting the paint out but, well, you know what it's like... The inkpads and stamps are left out from those cards, too, and I went straight back to using them once I'd moved the frame out of the way. In the top right-hand corner you can just see a couple of craft magazines - I'm addicted to these and had actually just subscribed to this particular one when I decided to take the picture. Underneath it all is the ubiquitous (well, when I'm crafting anyway) Stampin' Up! grid paper. I can't work without it; I plan layouts on it, draw templates on it, test ideas on it and you can see I've used this particular piece to wipe my paintbrush on, as well as having at some point punched out a circle from it for something or other.

So there you go. Something a little different for you. I've enjoyed giving you this little peek into my craftroom, and I might even try to join in for another WOYWW next week.

Thanks for visiting, I'll be back soon!
 

9 comments:

jill said...

Busy work desk with a lovely project to make by the sounds of things , happy crafting jill #52

Helen said...

Hi Becki Definitely a Stampin up desk! Love the papers.. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 18

Katie said...

Fabulous workspace! WOYWW is really fun and addictive. I'm glad you joined in :) Can't wait to see some of your work in the future WOYWWs!

Katie (136)

Catie Cuddles said...

Looks like fun! Enjoy WoYWw ... Very addictive and fun and you will be amazed how quickly each Wednesday comes round!
Thanks for joining in and sharing!
Catherine 158

Queen Lightwell said...

Woohoo and welcome! I've not been doing WOYWW for too long, but its so fun once you start there doesn't seem to be any going back! Your desk looks very tidy for what sounds like a neat project, cant wait to see it finished!:)
Deeyll #138

BJ said...

Welcome to WOYWW it is rather addictive but also keeps you blogging! Looking forward to seeing your completed project. BJ#79

PS (it would be real cool if you could remove the verification thingy, drives some of us WOYWWers bonkers)

sandee said...

ahhhhhhhh see, we have sucked you in, you are now ours forever,..buwhaaahh...cough, cough...lol, AND I don't normally comment on anyone who still has the word verification on, but since you're a new comer to our group, I'll let it slide, ;) Seriously, you will get more comments if you remove it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :) #50

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome to WOYWW! Great to see your very neat and clean desk...get you being good with the plastic over the brush....says alot about you actually!. Im guessing neat, slightly perfectionist and a preference for pastels. Happy to be wrong, as i usually am!!! Will you show us the frame?

Shoshi said...

Welcome to the WOYWW family, Becky! I came to it in exactly the same way as you - the initials WOYWW kept cropping up and I got more and more intrigued until I clicked and found out what it was all about, and haven't looked back since! Julia does an awesome job organising us all, and we can all say we've made loads of friends on here, and got lots of inspiration, and of course had some great laughs!

Love your neat creative space, and your beautiful sunflower background on your blog. I love sunflowers!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #3