Monday, 20 August 2012

Create Your Own Christmas - The First Projects...

Hello! Finally, a day cool enough to actually DO something! I love the sun, but oh my goodness, I've struggled to cope with recent temperatures and the accompanying humidity. There's a lovely breeze today, though, so I'm gradually ticking things off my very looooooong to-do list.

Last week saw the first of my new "Create Your Own Christmas" classes, and we had such a fantastic evening! It was lovely to have a chance to get all sparkly and festive, and I know the ladies who came along were all really excited to be making a start on getting organised for Christmas, even though at the moment it does seem an age away.

Here's the first project we tackled on the night, and I was so pleased that everyone loved this really different colour combination: Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz.



Well, I had to, didn't I? These colours are retiring at the end of September so I am really making the most of them while I can. I think this makes for a really zingy feel to the card, while the glitter brings the ornament to life and makes the whole thing fizz with life. Love it!

Here's the second card, a fabby little three-dimensional card that folds lovely and flat for postage.


You'll notice the Pleated Satin Ribbon is on all of these cards; I've just found out that this is retiring at the end of August (I can't believe we're going to lose this!!!!) so again, I wanted to make the most of it. If you've never touched this ribbon then you really won't believe how gorgeously soft and tactile it is. I'm not the biggest ribbon person in the world, but I shall miss this one soooo much! By the way - that scalloped piece underneath the tree, that seems to glow, well that's our beautiful Brushed Gold cardstock. At last! a sophisticated way to bring gold card onto our projects.

And finally, a technique-y card.


The snowflakes are stamped onto Glossy White cardstock with Versamark ink, then brayered over with Crumb Cake ink so they pop out at you like magic. The ladies had never seen this technique before, and really loved it, surprising themselves with how easy it is to achieve. And again, more of the Pleated Satin Ribbon... lush!

I want to thank Monica Gale for designing the second and third of these projects for a recent training session - I wouldn't be being honest if I claimed credit for myself. It's rare that I put non-original designs in my classes, but these were just too gorgeous to NOT include them. The pink card is my own design, as is everything else you see on this blog, unless I say otherwise.

Right. Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to stay and chat, but I've soooo much still on that to-do list that I really need to go. I'll be back soon, and look forward to seeing you then.


No comments: