Thursday, 20 September 2012

Create Your Own Christmas - September Projects

Hello! Yesterday I shared some sneak peeks of the projects from my Create Your Own Christmas class. Now that the class has happened, I can show you the projects themselves - we had such fun making them. I'd designed three cards for this one, in three different styles, but all of them lent themselves to "production line" creativity - just what you need when you have a large number of cards to put together. Here are the projects, all grouped together:


And here they are individually. If you want a closer look, you should be able to zoom in by clicking on the pictures.


I'm sad to say that we will be saying goodbye at the end of this month, to some of the stamp sets we were using in this class. Days are numbered for: Winter Post (the skaters are in this set) and Season of Joy (this one has the "Merry Christmas" sentiment and the sketchy snowflake used in the bottom of the three cards). It's always sad to see much-loved sets retire, but don't you just LOVE the new "Scentsational Season" stamp set, with the cheery gingerbread man, candy cane, tree and star?! The ladies didn't even have to cut the gingerbread man out - this whole set co-ordinates with a fabulous set of Framelits dies, so you just need to stamp the image then run it through the Big Shot - so clever!

Oh - the other sentiments, by the way, are from one of the new sets in our fabulous Autumn / Winter Seasonal Catalogue, called "Greetings of the Season". I can see me using this one A LOT...

Love this gingerbread man!


I spent this afternoon with one of the newest members of my team, chatting and stamping away, going through some stamping basics. Becky joined my team because she saw the amazing potential in the Stampin' Up! business model. She recognised that even though she wasn't (yet) a crafter, she could learn everything she needed to know about that side of things, and that so long as the business premise was solid, the time spent learning was time well invested. I was so excited to meet someone with this kind of viewpoint - after all, everything we do in life, we have to learn at some point or other.

One of the things I love most about doing what I do is introducing the fun of stamping to someone new. It is so satisfying, seeing that smile on people's faces and knowing that a spark has just been ignited, that this is the start of something that is going to bring them so much pleasure. I saw that smile again with Becky this afternoon, and I know that her Stampin' Up! business is going to be a really fulfilling and rewarding adventure for her. Great to have you on board Becky - welcome to the team!

I've just realised that I didn't take pictures of the welcome pack of goodies I'd put together for Becky - doh! If you click here, though, you'll be able to see the kind of thing I give to new members of my team, to give them a good start to their Stampin' Up! journey. It is such a privilege to be able to work with these lovely ladies (all ladies so far.... need some gents to join my team!), and I love being able to make them feel welcome by giving them a little handmade gift.

If you'd like to find out more about what's involved in being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, like me, then click here to be taken to a page with lots more information. Or, why not email me or call me for a chat or to arrange a get-together? I'd be happy to answer any of your questions, and it'd be great to talk to you.

Hope you like the projects! Back soon...

No comments: