Thursday, 18 October 2012

Create Your Own Christmas Gifts!

Hello! One of my favourite crafting things to do, is to make beautiful gifts for loved ones. It was with this in mind that I designed last night's "Create Your Own Christmas" class, and I was so pleased with how the projects turned out. Here they are, all together:


Inside the acetate box below is a little stack of tealights, each one covered with a strip of Designer Series Paper - so cute, and really easy to do! I completely forgot to take a photo of the tealights separately, but they're just standard ones from a certain Swedish homestore.


Don't they look gorgeous presented like that?


This pretty hexagonal box isn't as difficult to make as you may think, and is another example of something I'm passionate about. You don't have to use your Big Shot dies only to make the things they were originally designed to do, play around with them a little and see what you can come up with. This box is made using the Mini Milk Carton die, just tweaked a little bit. I can't remember where I first saw a box like this, but I think they're so effective.

Finally, as a bonus project I designed this little gift card presentation folder. 

Most people, I think, know someone who insists on being given vouchers as a present, and I can't help thinking that - even if it's what the recipient wants - giving a bit of plastic as a gift looks like you really haven't put any thought into it. So I like to dress them up prettily, to make them a bit more personal - and this is my most recent way of doing it. Here's what it looks like once you open it up. I've used Alan's blood donor card to show where the gift card would go, and the other card insert is for you to add a message to the lucky recipient.


It's funny, but I wouldn't normally think of putting red, blue and green all together in a project like I have here, but somehow the colour combination really works. I took my lead from the gorgeous Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper, that we used throughout this class. I don't know if you've noticed this pack in the Autumn Winter Catalogue, but the papers are in a much smaller format than the usual 12" x 12", at just 11.4cm x 16.5cm per sheet - perfect for the cardmakers among you. You get a massive forty-eight sheets for just £6.25 too, so a real bargain!

Right. I'm off to a team training day on Sunday, so loads of swaps to make before then, so I'm off to make a (rather later than I wanted!) start on them. Back soon...

No comments: