Friday, 2 November 2012

Convention 2012 - The First Evening....

Hello! Oh wow - we're here in Mainz and although Convention officially starts this morning, there have been things going on yesterday evening. I tried to post these last night but the bandwith was suffering from (presumably) all the SU demos who were trying to upload photos, so it was really slow. Hopefully you'll forgive the wait..

We were able to register for convention this evening, and collected our bags. Our room isn't very bright, and I forgot to take a picture while we were in the bright lights downstairs, but hopefully you'll be able to see this:

I have to admit, when I first saw photos of this bag on the American demos' websites during their Convention a few months back, I really wasn't keen. Actually, though, I'm really pleased with it "in the flesh", as it were. You can't see from the photo, but the bag's padded and it's SO soft. And it holds LOADS!

Here's my Convention name tag:


And the commemorative badge:


And.........

Do you remember me posting at the end of September that I'd qualified as Silver 2? Well, Stampin' Up! laid on a fabulous Reception last night for those of us at that level or higher, and we all got a thank you present:


So pretty! Inside the box was this:


Can you believe it? A twist-up biro and.... a proper fountain pen! I LOVE fountain pens, and I can't wait to try this one. It even has an ink cartridge in it, but I can't bear to write in the book yet! Look at the close up and you can see the inscription that is on both pens:


I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of the notebook! It has a "Silver 2 Reception" Logo on it. I'll take a photo and post that in the morning.

Right, must rush. I've agreed to meet Emma for breakfast at seven, which gives me less than half an hour. Have a brilliant day!

1 comment:

hotpotato said...

lovely prize. I write with a fountain pen, I just lovem.