Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Convention Photos - and Some News!

Hello! I can't believe Convention is over for another year... It is just the most amazing few days, and if you've never been to one then I'd say you need to move heaven and earth to make sure you can get to the next one. You have to be a demonstrator to come along so, if you're not one yet, then we have a fabulous offer running at the moment if you join in November and I'd be thrilled to welcome you to my team. I really hope you can join us for the 2013 Convention - it's going to be in MANCHESTER!!!!

I said I'd share some photos so here we go with the first batch....


Above is the ENORMOUS room that hosted the main sessions of Convention. There were around eight hundred and fifty demonstrators in here most of the time, so you can imagine the buzz!

Here are some of the gorgeous ladies I spent my time with.. You can see (from left to right) Jo, Emma (my first downline to join me at Convention, I was THRILLED to bits to have her there) and Karen - all with their funky Convention bags.


One of the fab things that we get at Convention is a pack of several Make and Take projects, and here is the room where we could play - er, I mean work - on these. I have to confess that I was too busy catching up with all the amazing people I only see at events like this that I haven't finished my projects yet! This room was set out like this the whole time, the first Convention where we've had a separate crafting area. It was a brilliant arrangement.


Talking of crafting at Convention, I have something to share with with you all, something I'm really proud of and excited about... A few weeks before Convention, I received a phone call from Paula, the UK Country Manager for Stampin' Up! She asked me if I would do a demonstration slot on the Main Stage, in front of all delegates (around eight hundred and fifty of them - gulp!). Well, you probably needed to pick my jaw up off the floor when I was asked, but of course I agreed. I still can't quite believe I was asked, it's such a HUGE honour! I did my "Workshop WOW" demonstration on stage on Saturday morning, in front of a full house, with a cameraman peering over my left shoulder and my tongue constantly trying to stick itself to the roof of my mouth. I've been told my nerves didn't show (I never thought I was that good an actress!) but although I was SO nervous, I enjoyed every minute. I'll share photos of my demonstration projects soon, but I wanted to tell you. To be honest, I'm having a hard time not shouting it from the rooftops!

More photos tomorrow....
 

3 comments:

hotpotato said...

well done you on you demo spot.

Joanne said...

You were fab at your demonstration Becki, and your projects certainly were WOW! I actually made your scallop envelope die box yesterday - finally cut in to my SU fabric! Love it - as did the two people who made it along with me! Thank you. x

Becki Ritson said...

Thank you ladies! Joanne, I'm so pleased you liked the box, and thank you so much for all your encouragement at the weekend, it was HUGELY appreciated. x