Monday, 12 November 2012

Create A Christmas Garland....

Hello! Well, that weekend went by in a flash! Loved my "Cards ...and More!" class on Saturday with some really lovely ladies, and then Alan and I spent yesterday at Ikea buying furniture for our new craft room. I've finally persuaded him that we need to move out of the smallest bedroom and into the middle one, in order not to be falling over each other all the time. After all - it's probably the room that we spend the most time in, so I think we deserve to give ourselves a little more space, don't you? (I'm not sure we'll be doing Ikea on a Sunday again in a hurry though.... I've never seen so many children just tearing round the place with no visible sign of parents keeping an eye on them. Alan is the most placid man I know, yet even he was visibly tetchy by the time we got to the checkout.)

I'm SOOOOO excited to be getting a new craft room!!!! I'll pop photos on as soon as we're all sorted. You really wouldn't want to see it as it is now....

Next Wednesday, I'm running my "Create Your Own Christmas" class, and we'll be making a gorgeous garland. Here is is hanging on our craftroom door:


Alan's brother reckons it looks a bit like a dreamcatcher. I just think it's really pretty...You can't see the sparkle terribly well in the photo, but it catches the light beautifully!

There are still some spaces left, so if you'd like to come and join in, you can book by clicking on the link in the sidebar. I'd love to see you there - we'll be at Cedarwood Primary School next Wednesday, 21st November, from 7:30pm. The class costs just £15 and includes as much tuition as you need, full step-by-step instructions, light refreshments and all the products you need except adhesive.

Back soon, I'm off to start moving (and building!) furniture...

2 comments:

hotpotato said...

I have the Ikea Expedit range in my craft room, it's great as it's so strong and sturdy and the tops can be used as work surfaces when laid down on it's sides.

Elaina said...

Sounds like an exciting time, I will look forward to seeing photo's of your new craft room. Your garland looks very pretty, I am jealous of those who live close enough to attend your class...lol. Elaina.