Sunday, 13 January 2013

A "Welcome" Preview

I told you a couple of days ago that my pre-order from the forthcoming Spring / Summer catalogue had arrived, and I've been having such fun playing with it! Recently, one of my lovely Sunshine Stampers signed up a new member to her team and I hadn't had chance to make him a welcome card yet, having been so much under the weather since the beginning of December. (Yes - I said, "make HIM a welcome card" - I'm thrilled to be able to welcome the first male Sunshine Stamper to our team - Hi Dan!).

So, a more masculine card was in order and, since I've been playing with lots of butterfly stamps recently I thought I needed a change of tack. The perfect time to get one of my brand new stamp sets inky! Even better, as I actually got this stamp set FREE, as part of a bundle from the upcoming seasonal catalogue. Here's what I made:


I love this colour scheme, and even though there are some brights in it, it passed the Alan test as having man-appeal (so I hope you liked it, Dan!). Every time I bring the Basic Grey out of the cupboard I kick myself for not using it more often: it really grounds a colour scheme. Here, I've used it with Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango.

Lots of the things used on this card will be available in a short time (I am LOVING that ribbon!!!), but one thing I have used here that you may not be able to get hold of for much longer is the sweet little ribbon slider. Here's a closer look:


How cute is that?! You'll need to be quick if you want some of these, though, 'cause they're in the Autumn Winter catalogue that finishes at the end of January. At just £4.50 for sixteen, it'd be a shame to miss out. Drop me a line if you'd like to get hold of a pack.

I mentioned that I got this stamp set free. If you'd like to find out about the amazing rewards and incentives that are available if you join Stampin' Up!, then I'd love to hear from you. Click here to find out more, or just email or call me (my number's in the sidebar).

Back tomorrow with another card using the gorgeous stamp set you saw in yesterday's post. See you then!

No comments: