Monday, 7 January 2013

So Quick and Simple

Absolutely the easiest papercrafting project in the world for you today...

We took our Christmas decorations down yesterday, and our living room was feeling a bit dark and dreary afterwards. On the wall, strung across between two nails that were put in at a very odd height by a previous occupant, hung a picture that I bought from Ikea years ago. In it were three beautiful postcards of poppies - one of my favourite flowers. Beautiful, yes, but kind of muted and pastel-coloured. And as they were sitting above a striking Cherry Cobbler sofa, completely lacking in impact.

Now, I'm the kind of girl who LOVES pretty paper! But I lament every time I cut it up to put on a card that then gets sent out in an envelope, never to be seen again (well, by me, at least!). So I try to use it up in ways that mean I get to keep it myself. I'm not the only one, am I??

So here's what I made in about five minutes flat last night - told you it was simple:


I love it!!!! The Lucky Limeade papers from "Candlelight Christmas" tone in beautifully with the Pear Pizzazz wallpaper on the feature wall opposite (oh how I miss Pear Pizzazz!!!!) and the piece in the middle (from "Twitterpated") works really well against the mushroom-coloured wall that the picture hangs on. The red isn't quite right, being Riding Hood Red, rather than Cherry Cobbler, but that doesn't actually matter, given that there's such a small amount of it. What do you think? I wanted to take a photo in the room itself, but it's too dark now and I didn't want to leave it until tomorrow, so you'll just have to imagine...

And I get to look at the papers any time I want!

Because we're going to be redecorating soon, I attached the papers behind the picture mount with Tombow glue that I'd let dry first - did you know it becomes a repositionable glue if you do this? - so I can swap the papers out when the fancy takes me.

Let me know what you think - I'd love to see pics of anything similar you've done.

No comments: