Friday, 22 February 2013

Multicoloured Stamped Cards

Friday already! I hope you've had a fantastic week... mine has been a little busy, but really good. On Wednesday, I ran my first ever "Tantalising Techniques" class, and it went down a storm! I'll show you pictures of the class projects in a few days.. in the meantime, here are a couple of cards I made using the little pieces of cardstock I used to demonstrate the project - no waste for me! I love the subtle shifts in colour on these cards..


This one uses three of the stamps from the "Lacy and Lovely" stamp set (a new one to me, and one I'm finding really great fun to play with). The sentiment is from one of the sets you can earn free during Sale-A-Bration - "Vintage Verses". I'm always after sentiments that aren't too specific, as I like sending cards for no particular reason - this one fits the bill perfectly. The focal image on this card was stamped right at the end of the class, and you can see how beautifully merged the colours are by this point.


The image on this next card was stamped earlier, so the colours are much more strongly defined. I love how each image is different though, despite the fact that I've used the same stamp several times. I find the colours on this one mesmerising, somehow. The focal image uses just one stamp from the same "Lacy and Lovely" set; the sentiment comes from that set too.

The ladies at my class loved learning how to stamp beautifully coloured images like these, and went away really excited to play with this technique even more. If you'd like to learn how to do the same, then I'll be repeating the class on the afternoon of Thursday 7th March, at Pennikkity Pots Ceramics Café.

You can find more details about the class, and the link to book your place, by clicking here. I look forward to seeing you then!

2 comments:

Carolyn Bennett said...

Gorgeous colors! What's the name of the technique?

Becki Ritson said...

Hi Carolyn, and thanks for your lovely comment. It's the Baby Wipe technique that I've used here. These cards were made after I'd done quite a lot of stamping in the same session, so the colours are really well-blended. Hope that helps! Hugs, Becki x