Monday, 11 February 2013

Oh, Hello - A Swap!

My March "Cards ...and More!" class uses the new "Oh, Hello" stamp set from the Spring Summer Catalogue, so as you can imagine it's been on my craft desk quite a lot recently. A few days ago, the new Flower Trim also found its way into my craft room for the first time, and I had an idea. Here's what I came up with for my swap for our Team Training evening on Wednesday:


If you cut away a single flower from the Flower Trim, that flower is the perfect size to add a bit of dimension to the flower stamp from the "Oh, Hello" set. Doesn't it look fab!


Because the Flower Trim is Very Vanilla to begin with, it is perfect for inking to match your colour scheme. You could, if you wanted, use your Bone Folder, or some kitchen roll to press the flower into the inkpad, or you could add colour with a sponge dauber. You could. Or you could just decide to get yourself really inky. Which is my preferred option. By the time I had finished I had VERY Island Indigo fingers, and a great big smile on my face.

Here's a close-up - I love the texture...


I'm going through a distress-y phase at the moment, so you can see my Colour Spritzer was used quite heavily again for this one. If you don't have one yet, they are so much fun to use!

If you want to get some more ideas for using this stamp set, why not come along to one of my "Cards ...and More!" classes in March? You'll get the stamp set included in the price of the class, and loads of exciting new ideas to be going on with. If you haven't been to any of my classes before, there'll even be a free gift for you when you collect your class pack. Click here to book your place - I'd love to see you!

No comments: