Friday, 1 February 2013

Secret Garden Scallop Square Box

Well, how long is your wishlist from the new Spring / Summer catalogue? Isn't it just FAB?! A couple of days ago, I showed you a card I'd made using the new Secret Garden stamp set and Framelits dies; today, I want to share with you a gorgeous box I made using them:


I've seen this type of box around for a while, but not had the chance to make one before, and I have to say I'm thrilled to bits with this one. I had a hankering to make a box, and was suddenly taken with the urge to use the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die too. This was the result. The flowers were stamped and embossed on two different colours of cardstock (Island Indigo and Pool Party, and Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla) before being cut out and layered together. The leaves were stamped, embossed and die cut too (there is NO way I'd have been able to cut those leaves out without slicing through the stem - thank goodness for my trusty Big Shot!). The paper on the lid of the box is from the Natural Composition Designer Series Paper pack, and the picture really doesn't do it justice - the pattern is raised and glossy and just too sumptuous for words. Originally, I didn't put the ribbon on, but it really needed something in that corner and the Sale-A-Bration ribbon pack makes just the prettiest bows. (Don't forget you can get it free, just click here to find out how.)

I hope you like it! The Secret Garden stamp set and Framelits dies are available separately, or you can buy them together as a bundle and save 15% on the cost (which is what I did). I am going to get SO much use out of these! Click here to find out how to order them.

What are your favourite things from the Spring Summer Catalogue so far?