Sunday, 10 February 2013

Soda Pop Tops!

One of the many crafts I've dabbled in over the past I-don't-know-how-many years is jewellery-making. I loved it but, since I decided to focus mainly on papercrafts, I haven't really had much time to do any. I was so excited, then, when I opened our new Spring Summer catalogue and saw the Soda Pop Tops ("Beer Bottle Tops" would have been SO much easier to say, though..!). Immediately, I knew I wanted to include them in our recent Team Training evening. Here's my first project:


Originally, the plan was for everyone to make a brooch, like the one above, but as we now have male demonstrators in the team, this looked a little sexist. A quick hunt around on a certain internet auction site turned up some great little tie-slider bases that just fitted the little bottle tops, and this idea was born:


Aren't they lovely? Alan chose the design for this one, really simple but effective, I think.

The glossiness is provided courtesy of a generous layer of Crystal Effects, which seals in the contents really effectively and makes it all look really professional.

Here's a side-view of each, so you can see the fastenings a bit more clearly. The bottle tops were glued to the findings in each case with more Crystal Effects - it makes a brilliant glue.


What have you been making with your Soda Pop Tops? I'd love to see your ideas...

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you an idea that I love, using our pretty Flower Trim. Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments: