Monday, 4 March 2013

Team Swaps - And A Grumpy Rosebud!

Wow - what a beautiful day it is!! I've actually got most of the windows open to let the fresh air blow through the house, and have been revelling in the brightness of the morning. I hope it stays like this, and I hope you've got the sun wherever you are..

A couple of days ago, Alan and I travelled across to Dunstable with one of the ladies in my team, to take part in a Social Stamping Day organised by my lovely upline. I'm not sure exactly how sociable I was, 'cause I've been shattered recently and had to go for a lie down half way through the day (nothing personal ladies, I know you understand..), but I enjoyed myself nevertheless. Here are some of the swaps that I took along with me.


Here's a close-up of just one of them:


The theme this time was fun and friendship and so I took the opportunity to get down my "Spring Sampler" stamp set. This is one of the sets that I have in the cling mount version, so I popped the little duck and bird both on the same block, inked them up carefully using the edges of the inkpads and a Stampin' Write Marker pen, then stamped them both at the same time. This is one of the things I love about the cling mount sets - they can save you a lot of time when you're stamping multiple images. The sentiment is from the ubiquitous "Teeny Tiny Sentiments", of course!

I won't share the projects we made yet, as there are another two Social Days scheduled, and I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who's going to the later ones. I promise they'll be worth the wait, though...

While I was sorting out the photos of my swaps, I found a photo that I thought might make you  smile. I've had a poorly few weeks and have had to spend quite a lot of time in bed, which left Rosie Very Unimpressed. Here she is, registering her objection to me sitting in bed doing a jigsaw:


Funny little girl! Cats can radiate such disapproval, can't they? Just after I'd taken this, she turned round and gave me a look that could have curdled milk. Luckily her moods never last too long, and a few minutes later she came and snuggled up with me, purring her little head off, but too close to get a decent picture.

Thanks for dropping in, and I'll see you again soon. Hope your day is a lovely one!

No comments: