Sunday, 14 April 2013

Parker's Patterns Birthday Card

Now I've cut into that pack of "Parker's Patterns" Designer Series Paper, I'm having an absolute ball making things with it! Yesterday was the birthday of one of my absolute best customers - Chris  came to my very first event almost three years ago and has been coming to my classes ever since - and here is the card I sent her. It went first class, so I should be safe to put it on here as it should be sitting on her mantelpiece by now.


This was the design I based my swaps on, that I showed you yesterday. This time, though, I used one of the subtler patterns in the pack, and the whole thing is bigger - this is a standard A6 sized card. I didn't realise until after I'd stuck it down that the ribbon I used is a retired one (somehow it missed being moved into the "retired ribbon" drawer and was still in my "current ribbon" rack. So don't look at it too closely, 'cause you can't get hold of it any more, I'm afraid.

I don't know if it comes out in the photo particularly well, but I embossed a frame around the outside edge of the card, using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Nothing fancy, just a double line all the way around, crossing at the corners. I love this simple way of adding detail to a card.

I've got another one to show you, so do pop back tomorrow... Thanks for dropping in!

No comments: