Saturday, 13 April 2013

Parker's Patterns Swaps

How organised am I?! Tomorrow is our quarterly training day up in Peterborough, and I actually finished my swaps for it yesterday. A whole clear day in between! That's almost unheard of! The thing is, though, I decided ages ago what I would do; the theme this time was "men" and so I wanted to come up with a design that was masculine enough to satisfy the brief, but that I could still enjoy using afterwards if I have any swaps left over. Here they all are, waiting for me to pack them:


Isn't that paper lovely? It's from the Spring / Summer catalogue, and is called "Parker's Patterns". I loved it from the moment I saw it but am ashamed to say that I hadn't managed to cut into it until a few days ago. Making that first cut into pretty paper is still hard for me...(!)

So you can see them a bit more clearly, here are a few of my swaps laid out in a bit more of an organised fashion.


The sentiments are from "Sassy Salutations" - love that font! I cut out the wording using one of the Apothecary Accents framelits, and added mini silver brads and a snippet of either Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain, or Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon. I'm really pleased with how they came out.

Don't forget, if you love the ribbons I've used, that I offer a "Ribbon by the Metre" service. Click here for more information.

Last night, I was working on a home decor project I've been wanting to get round to for AGES. I finished it, and can't wait to show you. Watch this space...

No comments: