Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Best of Flowers Birthday Card

Have you got your "Best of Flowers" set yet? I'm loving it! Here is a birthday card I made a few days ago for a lovely friend of ours, using the lovely bouquet stamp from that set:


The sentiment is one I think is really beautiful. It's one of our "A La Carte" stamps (in other words, it's an individual stamp, rather than from a set) and is called "Beautiful Birthday". Appropriate name - I think the font is stunning. The Designer Series Paper, by the way, is from the "World Spectacular" pack. Just goes to show that DSP can be very versatile - you'd never guess from this paper that the pack has a vintage circus theme, would you?

I'm quite fond of this colour combination. Regal Rose (the pink in the photo) is one of the colours that is retiring in the coming Colour Refresh and, I have to say, it's not been one of my favourites. I love it used with Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso, though. Somehow, it becomes quite sophisticated, I think. What do you reckon?

Did you spot the tiny pearls on the Early Espresso ribbon? These are the tiniest from the Basic Pearls pack and I'm guilty of overlooking them quite often, in favour of their larger sisters. I was so pleased to see how well they fit on this 1/8" taffeta ribbon though - I'll be using them like this again!

No comments: