Sunday, 9 June 2013

Fabric Fun Class Project: Pop-Up Card

This month's classes were great fun! The theme was "Fabric Fun" and all our projects combined papercrafting with the beautiful "Twitterpated" fabrics. Here's the first one:


I love this one - really girly! This pop-up design is easy to cut using the Pop 'n' Cuts Card Base and Dress Form dies. I've never been a big fan of making pop-up cards till now, 'cause they're hugely time consuming to cut and need a good deal of skill with a craft knife to make them look professional. Not now, though, now they take moments to cut and you can spend all your time and creativity on decorating them. Cute, don't you think?

There were a couple of "fabric-y" techniques on this project. The main one, you might not even notice from the photos, unless you're wondering where that gorgeous stripy background came from. It's fabric! This was the technique I demonstrated on stage at last year's Stampin' Up! European Convention - covering your cardstock with fabric to give you amazing texture and detail. It always gets an amazing response and really adds that extra something to your projects.

Here's another, so you can see the fabulous dimension on this card:


Do you like the skirt? This was the second (sort-of) fabric technique. It's created using strips of ribbon, with a frothy hem of inked Flower Trim. I love the rock 'n' roll feel it gives to this outfit.

Finally, a close-up of the sentiment, which is from the "All Dressed Up" stamp set:


I had a long chat with the ladies who came to my classes this time, to find out what they wanted by way of pictures from upcoming classes. I've always been reluctant to post full pics of the projects before the classes, as I know a lot of people like the surprise of finding out at the class itself, what they're going to make. On the other hand, I know a lot of you like to know what you're going to be making in advance. That's always been my issue: how to keep everyone happy. How to square this particular circle?

One of my lovely ladies (thanks Bona!) came up with a star suggestion, and this is what I'm going to do in future. I'm going to post "sneak peeks" on here and on my Facebook page, so you can see a hint of what we're going to make. In addition, I'm going to upload complete pictures of the projects too, but I'm going to hide them on my server, so you have to click on a link to see the full projects. That way, you have a choice of how much you want to see in advance, and hopefully everyone's happy. I'd love to know what you think of this idea.

Thanks for looking. Pop back tomorrow for a look at another project from this month's classes.

No comments: