Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Fabric Fun Class Project: Quick and Simple Card

Go on, admit it. You worry that if you don't spend hours on a card, it won't be good enough. Or that people will think less of you as a crafter if you make something that doesn't have everything but the kitchen sink thrown at it. We all do it, and that's why this last project from this month's classes was REALLY simple.

Here it is:


I included this project to demonstrate that sometimes, a really quick card can be just as effective as something that takes ten times as long to make. Here, the strip of frayed fabric adds just a touch of texture and makes this card into something really lovely.

Don't you love that pretty label shape sitting behind the Scallop Oval? It's one of the shapes from the "Apothecary Accents" framelits dies set, and that has to be one of my favourite sets of the moment. I could never get a shape like this if I had to cut it out; it's so curvy and pretty, and works really well as a mat on top of or behind loads of our other dies and punches.

Thanks for dropping in. I'll be back tomorrow with a pretty birthday card I made recently for a lovely friend of ours. I hope you'll be able to pop in and have a look.

No comments: