Thursday, 27 June 2013

This and That for a Hen Party

A few weeks ago, I told you I was asked to take part in a crafting Hen Party. Well, the wedding took place on Saturday and so I can share with you my little gift for the bride.



I remember certain bits of my hen party (a very elegant trip out for afternoon tea - I love afternoon tea!), but at the time my M.E. was too bad for me to do any scrapping so I have no permanent reminders of the day. I would have loved to be able to journal about the event, but at the time it just wasn't feasible. I thought it would be nice to give this bride - also called Becky - a way to recall her day so she can look back on it in the future. 

This is the front of the journal I made, to be given to the bride on her wedding day. Inside, I'd asked everyone at the hen party to write a little message to her, and I added some photos that I took on the day, along with a little bit of decoration. Because Becky is obviously of a crafty turn of mind (how fantastic to have a crafting Hen Day!), I deliberately kept the decoration to a minimum so she can add her own photos and touches to create a truly personal reminder of such a special day. I hope she liked it!

I love these journals! This is just one example of what you can do with our "This 'n' That" journals - they really are as individual as the person creating them, and the reason for using them. I've got one on the go for our Anniversary week at the end of May, and I'll share that with you when I've finished putting it all together.

What would you use your "This 'n' That" for?

(Oh - and did you notice the sneaky peek at one of the new stamp sets coming up in the new Annual Catalogue? I love this handy alphabet, and you'll be seeing a lot more of it in future, I'm sure!)

Back soon!


No comments: