Monday, 19 August 2013

Wildflower Meadow Dry-Embossed Card

This card was my first play with this stamp set / embossing folder combination, and I love the possibilities here. What do you think?


The stamp is a big new one called "Wildflower Meadow" and is big enough to fill a C6 card on its own, so I've only used part of it here - and I've inked it up using Stampin' Write markers. I'm not sure about the blue, I think it should have been a slightly paler one but I think it works, overall. The card is very much inspired by one of the samples on page 81 of our Annual Catalogue, just tweaked a bit to use the supplies I had at the time.

The really clever thing about this stamp is that it works together with the Wildflower Meadow embossing folder. If you look closely at the photo, you'll see that the stamped image is raised slightly. It doesn't show up too well in the picture I took, unfortunately, but in real life it really pops! 

If you're interested in embossing of the heat variety, why not sign up for my September Tantalising Techniques class? You can find all the details here, and booking is open until 30th August. 

Thanks for dropping in! I'll be back with more soon. 

No comments: